Friday 22 October 2021

18/10/21 just Mike!

 Just Mike, the weather had been rubbish all day and not enough interest in heading over!

from Mike - 

I was already at chew valley lake when Estelle got hold of me, so I headed over for a look anyway. It was only light mizzle when I arrived, although pretty murky on the hill (not nice driving). A bee greeted me in the entrance & a newt was hanging out by the buckets, but they had less than 5mm of water in any of them & the pool was 2cm or so lower than last week (so not washing over into dig).

I discovered a lost bucket still in the water, so filled it up (obviously we only did 17 last time! - the roof is still dropping ahead), then carried it & the spade & bar back to steps. Air quality seemed to be less fresh than last week - not too surprising, as when water evaporates it releases any CO2 it contains (& it would have been hard work with only 4 again). The bucket load filled one of last week's bags & I left after only half an hour or so on site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive